I lightened up a tangy salad dressing by replacing some of the oil with lemon juice. The revamped dressing lends a refreshing twist to mixed greens, tomatoes, pepper rings and cucumbers slices.—Martha Pollock, Oregonia, Ohio
Featured In: Top 10 Easter Dinner Ideas
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 large sweet yellow or green pepper, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber and pepper rings. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, honey, chives, mustard, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in oil until dressing thickens. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Salad with Lemon Dressing in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p8
Reviews for Garden Salad with Lemon Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2016
"The dressing is FABULOUS! It was so simple, yet flavorful and fresh. I made it for a potluck with great reviews! Will definitely make again and keep that dressing on hand!"