Fruited Dutch Baby Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Place butter in a 9-in. pie plate. Place in a 400° oven for 5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Stir in eggs and milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries and bananas. Using a slotted spoon, place fruit in center of pancake. Top with whipped cream if desired. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Fruited Dutch Baby(2)
Sort By :
I tried this recipe today and I was surprised how quick and easy it was to make. I actually made mine in a toaster oven since it's the start of the summer and I didn't want to heat the house with the regular oven. I intended to set the timer to 20 min. and "forget it" but that was a slight mistake. Good thing I returned to the kitchen 18 min. into baking because the pancake rose to the top of my toaster oven and started to burn the top edges. My husband didn't mind though since he said it gave it a nice home-made look;) I topped my pancake with sliced kiwis and peaches. I then sprinkled it with powdered sugar. I almost looked too pretty to eat. It was a really good breakfast, not too sweet. I plan on adding this to my Father's Day brunch menu since my dad's diabetic and shouldn't eat too much sweets. I think one pie plate is good for about 3 people if it's the only thing you're going to eat for breakfast.
Fruited Dutch Baby was a fun surprise for breakfast this morning! The recipe was easy to follow and quick to make with ingredients that are kitchen staples. It's versatile in that it can be made with any fruits, or even savory toppings. This is definitely a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >