Fruit Salad Dessert Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup fresh orange pieces
- 1/2 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar, lemon juice and butter; cook and stir over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, grapes, oranges and marshmallows in a small bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into fruit mixture. Add cooled dressing. Chill for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Fruit Salad Dessert
Sort By :
Our family, too, has been making this for many years; however, we call it "24-hour salad" as it is refrigerated for that period of time before eating. It is delicious and certainly a family favourite. I often substitute canned mandarin oranges for the oranges and Dream Whip for the whipped cream.