Fruit Salad Dessert
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup fresh orange pieces
- 1/2 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the egg, sugar, lemon juice and butter; cook and stir over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the pineapple, grapes, oranges and marshmallows in a small bowl; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into fruit mixture. Add cooled dressing. Chill for at least 1 hour.
1 cup: 519 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 198mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 25, 2010
Our family, too, has been making this for many years; however, we call it "24-hour salad" as it is refrigerated for that period of time before eating. It is delicious and certainly a family favourite. I often substitute canned mandarin oranges for the oranges and Dream Whip for the whipped cream.
Dec 31, 1969