- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Crumble the baked pecan mixture; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Sprinkle the remaining mixture into an 8-in. square dish.
- In a large bowl, beat the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into dish. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Strawberry Dessert in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p47
Reviews for Frozen Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 30, 2013
Great tangy strawberry dessert, also good with a graham wafer crust.
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2012
LOVED IT. Easy to make. You can also put the leftovers back in the freezer to store for another time. If there are any leftovers. : )
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >