It's simple and easy to make your own frozen Greek yogurt—you might even want to get the kids in on the fun. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- Line a strainer or colander with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with sides of cheesecloth. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Remove yogurt from cheesecloth to a bowl; discard strained liquid. Add sugar and vanilla to yogurt, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cold water and lemon juice; sprinkle with gelatin and let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and let mixture stand 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Pour yogurt mixture into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding gelatin mixture during the last 10 minutes of processing.
- Transfer frozen yogurt to a freezer container. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm enough to scoop. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Frozen Greek Vanilla Yogurt in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frozen Greek Vanilla Yogurt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review