Swirled Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
A silky homemade sauce is anything but vanilla when it comes to topping a scoop. These are the touches that make celebrations extra special. —Christina Seremetis, Rockland, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 quart fat-free frozen yogurt, softened
- 2-1/2 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar and walnuts; let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large container, layer a third of the frozen yogurt and half of the blueberry mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining frozen yogurt. Swirl mixture; freeze until firm.
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate, milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Serve with frozen yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup frozen yogurt with 1-1/2 teaspoons drizzle: 221 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Walnut Swirl Frozen Yogurt with White Chocolate Drizzle in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012