I grew up in rural northwestern Montana, where my three sisters and I made meals and prepared food for 4-H contests. I've always loved cooking, and as the administrator of a retirement residence, I enjoy planning special events.
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, Miracle Whip and sugar. Fold in the whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, nuts, coconut and cranberry sauce. Add cranberries if desired. Gently combine with cream cheese mixture. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish or three foil-lined 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut in squares or slices. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Salad in Country Extra November 1992, p47
Reviews for Frozen Cranberry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review