Frothy Mexi-Mocha Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream, warmed
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until chocolate is finely chopped. Add coffee; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through.
- Return mixture to blender; add cream. Cover and process until frothy. Strain, discarding solids; serve in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Frothy Mexi-Mocha Coffee(31)
Sort By :
Didn't care for it...too sweet!
Tasted good, but too many calories for a beverage.
People-get a grip!!! It is a special drink, probably not something I would drink every morning but something that is a real treat as a special occassion treat! I would love to see what all the food police have in their fridges!!!!
Unbelievably yum!!! I will probably cut back on the sugar a little next time, but I love it!
I have not made this recipe yet but I have flagged it to try. Sounds yummy to me. As I do with most recipes, I QUIETLY change ingredients I know I can to suit my personal preferences and requirements without altering the outcome. With reference to all the negative comments....I think we need to start invading the Food Police websites and start making comments on how to make recipes more fattening and tastier, of course without trying the recipe. Let them see how it feels to read 100 of personal opinion reviews for 1 informative one.