Fresh Strawberry Salsa Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped Anaheim pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In a small bowl, combine honey and lemon juice; gently stir into strawberry mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Stir just before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fresh Strawberry Salsa
Sort By :
OK...Very excited about trying this recipe...reminded me of one my mother got from MD Anderson Cancer hospital in Houston. Made it, and at first, everyone went crazy over it..better than expected. Then..it lacked some things. It needed more cilantro and lime juice instead. Salt. I tried it again with just a few less strawberries, but not too much off of what the recipe called for. Definitely let it refrigerate for a while...but not too long as the strawberries can get mushy. Then...we strained them just a tad, and poured it over a block of cream cheese...serve with crackers...or even the chips mentioned. AWESOME then! I guess this could be the difference between New York and Texas! (-: Cilantro certainly makes it!!! Thanks for the idea!