Fluffy Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk and shortening; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes; cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Reviews for Fluffy Pancakes(61)
Sort By :
These pancakes had excellent flavor, plus being tender and fluffy. Will definately keep this recipe to make them again.
These pancakes were way better than Bisquick box mix. They were way fluffier and delicious! My husband and 7 year old loved them too! The best part is the ingredients are things I always have on hand too!!
Yum! I doubled the batch and added 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 cup buttermilk. Needed to add a little more milk to thin the batter. Turned out light and fluffy.
I substituted Coconut oil for the shortening, absolutely my all time favorite pancakes. Thank You for sharing!
My ten year old daughter really loved these pancakes! She declared them the fluffiest ever! I have to admit that I agree. They were very simple to make, and delicious!
I just made them for the second time, and they were just as good as the first! So I didn't just get lucky the first time!
Both times, I've doubled the recipe.