Fluffy Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a well-floured surface; knead 20 times. Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Fluffy Biscuits(23)
Sort By :
So easy and they are yummy
Best biscuit recipe EVER!!! So easy and quick. Definitely a keeper! Thank you!
These turn out perfect every time! Just love them!
As others said, this is a "tea biscuit" It has a light texture and is especially delicious with jelly. Be sure to make this nice and thick-mine rose up and looked great