Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
Makes31 dog biscuits
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine flour, wheat germ and cinnamon. Stir in remaining ingredients. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. bone-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned (tops may crack), 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat peanut butter is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 61 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 5, 2017
Q&A ?How long can you store these? Can you freeze them hopefully?
Dec 31, 2016
A good basic dog cookie. But baker beware: make sure you are using (all-natural peanut butter!) Many peanut butters contain a lot of sugar and/or Xylitol which are a no-no for pets.
Dec 14, 2014
If your pet has a food allergy, such as wheat, any other type of flour can be used. I've made these many times and everyone loves them. A lot less expensive than store-bought, plus you know what goes into them.
Jan 4, 2014
I made these for my friends who have dogs and they were a great success. I included a copy of the recipe with the biscuits for them to make their own.
Dec 14, 2013
These look super easy, sadly my dog has a wheat allergy. anyone have a recipe that does not include wheat?
May 1, 2013
I've given these to my dog, and our friend's and family's dogs, and they all loved them!
Dec 19, 2011
SO easy to make and my Lucy loved them! I used Christmas cookie cutters and am going to give them to all the dog lovers at work!
Dec 2, 2011
Loved the dog biscuits-easy to make and they loved them.