- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cheese and chives. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Reviews for Flaky Cheddar-Chive Biscuits
Sort By :
"I've made these biscuits several times and love them. I sprinkle on extra grated cheddar cheese and use fresh chives. Quick to make and even the scraps I re-roll are tender. Delicious served split and warm from the oven & served with butter."
"These were very good! I didn't have buttermilk so I warmed one cup of milk and stirred in 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice and allowed it to thicken for a few minutes before adding. I also did not have any chives so I used a good teaspoon of minced garlic, a teaspoon of basil and a teaspoon of dried minced onion. That combination and the cup of cheddar was a winning combo. Will be making these again!"
"You can make these with Bisquick as well. I usually make these when we have fish. I add garlic. Gives them a great taste."
"I loved these biscuits a lot! Very flavorful. I could eat the whole pan. Didn't change a thing. You'd think I really knew how to cook with these."
"These were really good but I did use milk instead of buttermilk and 11/2 tsp. dried chives instead of fresh."