These wonderful, buttery biscuits complement any dinner. —Betsy King, Duluth, Minnesota
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cheese and chives. Add buttermilk; stir just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll dough to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Originally published as Flaky Cheddar-Chive Biscuits in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Flaky Cheddar-Chive Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review