Easy Cheese Straws
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in cheese until blended. Combine flour, salt and cayenne; stir into cheese mixture until a dough forms. Roll into a 15x6-in. rectangle. Cut into thirty 6-in. strips. Gently place strips 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 72 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 21, 2019
An advertisement block for pickles covers the ingredients with no way to get it out of the way or close it.....even after you click to view them all. Consider removing this advertiser as it makes the article useless.
Sep 27, 2019
Mine were not as pretty as these, but the taste was spot on!!! My husband liked them so much, I will have time to learn to make them prettier next time!
Mar 2, 2018
I doubled the recipe but still baked in two separate batches. So EASY and so DELICIOUS! I did cook each batch (gas oven) for 27 minutes at 350, turning the pan around at 15 minutes. At 20 min, they were still quite soft. Other than a difference in timing, the recipe was spot on and I have a new favorite to make as snacks and to take to parties!
Sep 8, 2017
wonderful flavor! I rolled each one by hand into a thin straw.
Jan 25, 2012
I have loved these since I was a Child. Takes me back to a Happier time. I have also tried them with roasted pecans chopped up in it.