Firecracker Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, chili powder, cumin and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange tortillas over the top. Combine soup and tomatoes; pour over tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Firecracker Casserole(32)
Sort By :
Yum! So good! I used one pound of hamburger and halved the spices and tortillas but left everything else the same. The amount of sauce was good. Great flavor. Hubby really enjoyed this too.
I made this using some leftover taco meat from Superbowl and added an extra pound of ground beef and used taco seasoning instead of the spices. I omitted the flour tortillas and used cooked minute rice (6 cups) on the bottom of the pan topped with the meat and soup mix. I topped mine with leftover Que Bueno cheese sauce and it was so good! A quick and easy dish that can be made the night before and popped in the oven when needed.
Good flavor and just the right amount of spice's to give it that surprise flavor. Picky husband loved it!
This was fantastic. Very nicely spiced. Ranges are given in the recipe and I put the max in. Spicy, but not overly.
I would rate this very good, somewhere between good and excellent. I used 2 varieties of chili powder that I ground, chipotle and guajillo. This makes it more spicy, as does using diced tomatoes with jalapeños. I increased the amount of cheese to 2 cups and used Mexican blend.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >