"I love to fix this spicy scrambled egg dish for friends and family," writes Kay Kropff from Canyon, Texas. TIP: "It's a meal in itself, but I serve it with muffins or biscuits, fresh fruit juice and coffee," she notes.
Recommended: 40+ Satisfying Low-Carb Breakfasts
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion and peppers until tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Pour eggs over the top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Scrambled Eggs in Quick Cooking July/August 2005 , p56
Reviews for Fiesta Scrambled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 3, 2011
"I made it without the bacon (because I didn't have any on hand) and thought these eggs were really good and flavorful."