Fiesta Chicken Burritos Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes
- Place chicken in a greased 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomatoes, jalapeno and seasonings; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in cream cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon 3/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; add toppings of your choice. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fiesta Chicken Burritos(39)
Sort By :
I made this a couple nights ago. Tasted great. Was so easy . I even put my chicken in about half frozen and cooked on low for 5-6 hours. I had about a 2.2 Lb. pack of chicken breast and turned out great just put in a couple extra ounces of cream cheese. Also a little squeeze of fresh squeezed lime juice & avocado was great on top after filling. We also top our tacos and burritos with cabbage mix, taste great & gives a nice crunch. Will make again.
This was lovely. I liked how much it made - ended up freezing some. I made a Spanish rice to go with. Not spicy, just really tasty.
My family loves this recipe, and I do too! Nothing better than throw it in and forget it! I do drain the juice off before I add in the cream cheese. I like the mixture to be a little thicker. I make this a lot on vacation when we are out site seeing all day, come home, throw in the cream cheese get cleaned up and dinner is ready!!!
Grey goop. The appearance and texture of this recipe is far from appealing, but the flavor is pretty good. I recommend draining the tomatoes- unless you like your burritos extra sloppy. Maybe some rice would be a nice addition...
I might try again but without cream cheese. This was easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >