- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced avocado, optional
- In a bowl, mix Miracle Whip, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Add cabbage, onion and banana pepper; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Toss shrimp with taco seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve in tortillas; top with slaw, cheese and, if desired, avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Tacos
"My son loves these so much that he requested them for his birthday! I sometimes like to add a little honey to the taco seasoning to coat the shrimp."
"Love, love, love this recipe! Have mde several times and have substituted fish for the shrimp for variety. This one is a real winner!"
"Red slaw blend added a very unique flavor and texture combination. Am now making it to add to coldcuts sandwiches, adding a touch of horseradish sauce. Used low carb, high fiber tortillas for this recipe."
"yummy-easy & quick used low carb tortillas and cole slaw instead of the red cabbage!"