- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Corn chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Festive Dip
Sort By :
"This was just OK. Needs to be perked up."
"Very good reipce and healthy! I left out the hot pepper and was tasty. Would be good with cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. Will make again. A pretty presentation dish. Nice for a Christmas dish, red and green peppers colors."
"The first time I made this was for a church function. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. I will definately be making it again. I added celery. You can make this with so many different variations."
"Enjoyed this dip very much. The only tweeking I did was added a can of golden hominy and a dash of cumin. Cilantro would be good in it too."
"This is almost like a recipe that I have done many times called "Redneck Caviar". In place of the black-eyed peas, I use black beans and also add a can of Rotel with Cilantro."