- 7 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, combine the bread cubes and cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Favorite Christmas Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"I enjoyed this recipe. I will definitely be making this again. Thank You."
"Made this for Christmas brunch and my family loved it, myself included, and I am not the biggest fan of eggs. This is definitely going to be repeated."
"I "healthified" this a bit by using homemade multigrain bread and Canadian bacon. Easy to put together and I liked how it puffed up."
"I have made this at least once a month because my daughter keeps asking for it. She eats about two pieces and loves having it for breakfast before school. Instead of bread I use non-frozen hash-browns; they are so easy to pop out of the fridge and pour right in."
"I made this for Christmas morning. Great that I was able to assemble this the night before. Baked it the next morning. It was great! Light and fluffy and delicious!"