- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
Sort By :
Great comfort food! I added some garlic, too. Easy to make and tasted good.
Was ok....but doubt it'll be a family fave.
It was very good!
I made this last night. When my mother says "this is a keeper", I know it's good and that she will definitely ask for me to make this again. She loved it. I used 2 cups of pasta and one pound of meat, and since I didn't have dill pickle relish in the house, I used one TBS of sweet red pepper relish and one TBS of sweet green relish. We love onions in our house, so 2 TBS was a bit skimpy for us! I chopped half an onion instead. I used regular rotini for pasta, as my mother doesn't care for the wheat pastas. Overall, very yummy!
Sorry, this was awful. Followed the recipe to the letter. My kids, who love pasta, said "yuck." Won't make it again.