Family Favorite Pasta Sauce for Two
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 1-3/4 hours
- 1/4 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons Italian tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Hot cooked pasta of your choice
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, brown sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without pasta): 187 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 950mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Spaghetti Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.