- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
Sort By :
"This is a really easy and budget-friendly dish, as most of the ingredients are staples that everyone probably has in the fridge or pantry. The pasta perfectly captures all of the flavors of a classic cheeseburger."
"It is so yummy. I had 3 guests for dinner plus me and my husband...one is very picky and he gobbled it up, another sd it was amazing, and my dear friend loved it. She said it was so flavorful and asked for the recipe. It is very flavorful and very very easy to make. It will be a repeat go to recipe for me."
"We thought this was just OK. It was quick and easy to prepare, but not really worth repeating. The last three things I've made with 5-star ratings have all been a bit disappointing. I wish people would be a bit tougher with their ratings, so we'd get a better idea of really great recipes."
"My family loves this recipe! We have made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Quick, Easy and healthy. What could be better!"