- 1-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Chopped green onions, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain pasta; add to meat mixture.
- Stir in the tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Family-Favorite Cheeseburger Pasta
Sort By :
"We thought this was just OK. It was quick and easy to prepare, but not really worth repeating. The last three things I've made with 5-star ratings have all been a bit disappointing. I wish people would be a bit tougher with their ratings, so we'd get a better idea of really great recipes."
"My family loves this recipe! We have made it 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Quick, Easy and healthy. What could be better!"
"This is a great recipe that your will children will really enjoy. It is always nice to get dinner on the table relatively quick on those busy nights."
"Great recipe for a busy family!"