Egg Scramble Recipe
Perfect for a special-occasion breakfast or holiday brunch, this easy egg scramble is warm and hearty, with potatoes, ham, cheese and sweet red and green peppers. You can serve it for a casual supper, too. —Vicki Holloway, Joelton, Tennessee
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 16 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large skillet, saute half of the peppers and onion in 1 teaspoon oil until tender. Add half of the ham and potatoes; saute 2-3 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, onion salt, garlic salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Pour half over vegetable mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Egg Scramble in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p36
Reviews for Egg Scramble(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >