One morning, years ago, my husband, Todd, and I whipped up this dish as a way to use leftover smoked salmon...it caught on! Now we always make extra portions of this tasty fish at dinner so we can have our family favorite in the morning.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (7-1/2 ounces) pink salmon, drained or 1 cup smoked salmon, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk salt and pepper. Stir in salmon, cheese and parsley. In a greased skillet, cook and stir gently over medium heat until eggs are set, about 3-5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 191 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 308mg cholesterol, 522mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Salmon Scramble in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.