“The ingredients in this sandwich are simple, yet each one accentuates the flavor, making it hard to stop with just one bite!” Anna Jean Allen - West Liberty, Kentucky
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 12 slices white bread
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in eggs.
- On six slices of bread, layer with 1/2 cup egg salad, lettuce and tomato slices if desired. Top with remaining bread slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Egg Salad Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p28
Reviews for Egg Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review