Easy Sausage Stroganoff Recipe
This recipe calls for sausage instead of beef, making it an enticing economical meal. My family loves this dish served with salad and oven-fresh rolls.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms; cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining broth and flour; stir until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sour cream. Stir until heated through (do not boil). Add parsley if desired. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Stroganoff in Country Pork 1996, p46
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Easy Sausage Stroganoff(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >