- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms; cook for 1 minute. Add 1 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining broth and flour; stir until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; add sour cream. Stir until heated through (do not boil). Add parsley if desired. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Sausage Stroganoff
Sort By :
i've had beef kind but this was way better
So easy but very delicious!