- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- Additional pie pastry, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth; pour into pastry shell. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Pumpkin Pie
Sort By :
"This was disappointing to us. We didn't use any maple flavoring, but the pie was quite bland. It wasn't terrible, but not great. Also, it wasn't particularly sweet, although maple syrup would have helped. Looks like we'll keep searching for that perfect pumpkin pie recipe."
"While the recipe was very good as written, I've made some changes to get perfect for us: replaced maple syrup with molasses, decreased cinnamon to 1/2 tsp, and eliminated the maple flavoring."
"I made my first pumpkin pie on thanksgiving and i use this recipe and my friends and family love it."
"This recipe was a good one! I gave it a 4 star because it was a good base (starter) pie. Next time I make it I wont be using ANY of the maple ingredients as it was too strong a flavor for my tastes. Also, all that liquid left the pie runny and I had to leave it in the oven for 40 minutes longer (90 minutes total). Not that it was a big deal, just unexpected.. But other than that, I recommend giving it a shot!"
"Just remember not to let them just how easy it was .Recieved many compliments on this pumpkin pie! Definetly a keeper"