Pumpkin pie does not have to be difficult to make. This recipe has a wonderful taste and will be a hit at your holiday meal. —Marty Rummel, Trout Lake, Washington
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell (9 inches)
- Additional pie pastry, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth; pour into pastry shell. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll additional pastry to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Easy Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p97
Reviews for Easy Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review