“This is a wonderful recipe to put together in the morning and forget about the rest of the day,” assures Yvonne Andrus of American Fork, Utah. “I have three small boys who are not big fans of vegetables, but they especially enjoy this hearty soup.”
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Just before serving, stir in macaroni; heat through. Serve with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Easy Minestrone in Light & Tasty October/November 2006, p30
Reviews for Easy Minestrone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review