Easy Minestrone Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Just before serving, stir in macaroni; heat through. Serve with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Easy Minestrone
Sort By :
not much flavor for being in a slow cooker all day.
My entire family adores this meal. It's hard to have leftovers, but if we do, it's yummy the next day as well! Serve it with a nice sourdough bread.
I don't care for cabbage so I substituted spinach. This just didn't have that much flavor.