Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute carrots, cabbage, celery, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add water, tomatoes and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach, macaroni and pepper; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 88 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 24, 2010
Love this quick version of Minestrone soup.. Make it all the time after church for a quick hot lunch.
Oct 12, 2009
This soup is very easy to make and a hit with everyone. I add kidney beans. Definitely worth trying.