15-Minute Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, mustard, bread crumbs, dry soup mix, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an oval loaf.
- Place in a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the sugars, vinegar and remaining ketchup; drizzle over meat loaf. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces: 375 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Jun 6, 2019
We baked ours. The first time we used time we used the sauce from the recipe. The second time we used my daughter's favorite barbeque sauce. The meatloaf was even better that time. We also use panko instead of bread crumbs. We like them better.
Nov 29, 2016
Wonderful flavour; very moist. Cooked this in the oven for an hour on 160C. All of us thoroughly enjoyed this meatloaf and gave it a 10! Another favourite meatloaf recipe for the family!
Feb 22, 2016
I won't make this again. The flavor and texture were funky and made everything on the plate taste a little off. Family didn't enjoy...disappointed especially after reading all the positive reviews.
Nov 8, 2013
This is a family favorite! I now just make my meatloaf the way I want but I still ALWAYS use the sweet and sour topping. It is amazing! Just absolutely love it. My super picky husband loves it. He likes NOTHING!
Apr 26, 2013
I have used this recipe over and over and for me and my family it is our favorite .
Apr 22, 2013
i love this recipe. the only difference is that i bake mine instead of using the microwave. its the best meatloaf ever
Aug 25, 2012
My family loved this recipe. My husband was late getting in for supper and I literally had to hide two pieces for him before my 12 & 6 year old ate it all!
Jul 25, 2012
This is the family favorite in our house. The kids love it too!
May 25, 2012
Great just as it is.
Aug 31, 2011
This was so quick and easy to prepare, and really does live up to it's "sweet-and-sour" name! I used Italian Bread Crumbs to give a little extra flavor, and cooked it in the oven instead of the microwave.