- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add yeast mixture, buttermilk and oil; stir well. Cover and refrigerate at least 12 hours. Punch down. Turn onto a floured surface and roll out to 1-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. biscuit cutter and place 2-in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Yield: 15 biscuits.
Originally published as Easy German Biscuits in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p69
Reviews for Easy German Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review