This favorite is a must for any Mexican meal at my house. Try it as a main dish or include the enchiladas as part of a buffet.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Pico de gallo, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with pico de gallo. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Easy Chicken Enchiladas in Country Woman January/February 2002, p33
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review