- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Sort By :
"Loved them, will make them again."
"Very good. I loved it.. Will diffidently make it again!"
"It was good. Needs a little more "crunch" in my opinion, but then again, I'm not a fan of Mexican dishes. The family likes it."
"I just made it last night and it was very good. It did take longer to prepare, but it was still worth it and good. I put some enchilada sauce over top with the cheese on top and that made it really moist and very good. It was a great recipe!!!"
"My family loved this recipe and so did my quilting group. I will be making it again by requests. I did make some changes for my families tastes but I it is basically the same recipe. It was very rich tastes with the cheeses and sour cream so I added a lot more chicken, I used the 7oz can of chopped chilies, and a 1/4 cup dried chopped onion pieces. I ended up making two casserole sdishes and only baked one for my family and the next day I baked the other for the ladies and topped with fresh shredded cheese. Many happy ladies and they all thought I slaved over a hot stove before the meeting. I thought next time I will cut down on time to prepare by buying a chicken cooked at the deli and use that. Great recipe. Thanks"