- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 pound lima beans
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels and drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the same skillet, add the corn, beans, green pepper and onion. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender, adding water if necessary. Stir in tomatoes and bacon; cook just until tomatoes are heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Down Home Succotash in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p32
Reviews for Down Home Succotash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review