San Diego Succotash
I brought home some summer squash from my job at a plant nursery, decided to put it in succotash and this recipe was born. I was going to name it "Sallume Succotash" but decided to name it after my hometown because the yellow and green colors of the dish remind me of the sunny days here in beautiful San Diego.—Pat Sallume, San Diego, Califiornia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, summer squash, corn, lima beans and shallot; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as San Diego Succotash in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Apr 15, 2018
Deliciously simple recipe...! Used edamame instead of lima beans and ghee instead of butter. The taste of the vegetables shine since simple flavorings are used. Will definitely put this on my keeper list.