California Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes10-12 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 quart water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Bring water to a boil in a large kettle; add next six ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in soup and cheese; cook until soup is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 194 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 10, 2015
I have been making this soup for years! It is a family favorite and when I serve it to guests, they ask for the recipe! To make it a little more hearty, I sometimes add a can of chunked chicken. It adds great flavor and protein.
Mar 21, 2013
Love, Love, Love this! I actually got this recipe from a friend years ago and it is my favorite cheese soup!
Oct 10, 2011
This is a great fall soup!! My husband loved it! We will certainly make this soup often, and I've already shared the recipe!
May 3, 2010
Very good soup. I used 98% fat free cream of chicken soup and 2% milk Velveeta cheese. This recipe will be fixed regularly in our home. Thanks Darla for a great recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.