Succulent Strawberry Soup
This creamy fruit soup makes a perfect summertime treat for family and friends. The strawberry base with a hint of orange appeals to all palates! —Paula Pelis, Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Fresh mint and additional strawberries, optional
- Mash half of the strawberries with a potato masher or fork; set aside.
- In a blender, combine remaining strawberries, water, sugar, flour and orange zest; process until smooth. Pour into a 2-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add mashed strawberries. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in cream. Cover and chill overnight. Serve with mint and strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 360 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 26mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 7g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Succulent Strawberry Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.