Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef tri-tip roast or beef top sirloin steak (2 pounds), thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Place peanuts in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add paprika, onion powder, ginger, pepper flakes and garlic powder; pulse until combined.
- Place beef in a large bowl or shallow dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat. Add peanut mixture; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours. Drain beef, discarding marinade.
- Thread beef onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat until beef reaches desired doneness, 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with onion, tomato and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob: 329 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 30, 2020
Made this for a work night dinner. It was easy and very tasty. I love spicy food.
Jan 13, 2020
was looking for something new to fit my keto lifestyle...this was wonderful!! i admit to not using the red pepper flakes and onions, as i cant do that spicy, but i'm sure it would be even more excellent with them!! Loved the flavor the peanuts gave this. Great dish, something new and fun to have! Thank you to the contributer!!