Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup hot water (140°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt and garlic powder. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Divide dough into 10 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet skillet, cook breads over medium heat until lightly browned, 1 minute on each side. Keep warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 113 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 9, 2019
This was a great recipe! I didn't have any whole wheat flour, so I just used 2 cups of all-purpose flour. One thing I noticed, however, is that you need to use a tablespoon or more of butter when cooking, and you also need to cook a lot more (you really need those dark spots!!)
Jun 26, 2019
My family really loved this Indian flatbread. I had no wheat flour so I used all white but nobody complained. We made "tacos" and filled them with chopped chicken, chopped cukes, chopped tomatoes and grated fresh Parmesan cheese. I wanted to make some kind of Indian sauce to go with it but ran out of time. So I just put Ranch dressing and other dressings on the table. Next time I want to find some fun Indian homemade sauce to go with it.
Aug 1, 2016
I love this easy recipe. I use all wheat flour and add chia seeds and hot pepper. Amazing