My daughter and I used to make this chapati recipe frequently. It's so fun and goes well with any spiced dish. We use this Indian flatbread to make sandwich wraps, too. —Joyce McCarthy, Sussex, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup hot water (140°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, salt and garlic powder. Stir in water and oil. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10-12 times. Divide dough into 10 portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 6-in. circle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook breads over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 113 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Indian Chapati Bread in Reminisce Extra September 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.