Socca is a traditional flatbread from Nice, France. It's common to see it cooked on grills as street food, served chopped in a paper cone and sprinkled with salt, pepper or other delicious toppings. Bonus: It's gluten-free. — Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + standing Cook: 5 minutes
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: Za'atar seasoning, sea salt flakes, coarsely ground pepper and additional extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk chickpea flour, water, 1 tablespoon oil and salt until smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Place a 10-in. cast-iron skillet in oven until hot, about 5 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Pour bater into the hot pan and tilt to coat evenly.
- Broil 6 in. from heat until edges are crisp and browned and center just begins to brown, 5-7 minutes. Cut into wedges. If desired, top with optional ingredients.
Test Kitchen tips