Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken, turkey, pork or beef
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet, add one tortilla. Layer with half the cheddar cheese, all of the chicken and mushrooms and half the Monterey Jack cheese. Top with the second tortilla. Cover and heat until cheese melts and bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown.
- Turn over; sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Cook until bottom tortilla is crisp and golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 768 calories, 49g fat (25g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 1152mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 53g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 26, 2012
I've been doing this for years with left over steak. I vary the cheeses. Tasty quick recipe. Also I've done this on the grill which I spray first with Pam. It gives it a whole new flavor!
Mar 11, 2011
We have reviewed this recipe and the calories are high because of the 1 cup of shredded cheese, which is quite generous for 1 serving. Between the two flavors, the cheese contributes 411 calories. You could reduce the amount of cheese or use a reduced-fat product to save both calories and fat.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Mar 9, 2011
why does this recipe have such a high calorie count? one tortilla ,an egg and cheese ?