Healthy, fast and easy! This bread is a favorite of mine when prep time is tight and I have small amounts of different kinds of berries to use up.— Jennifer Coduto, Kent, Ohio
Recommended: 33 Non-Scary Bread Recipes Anyone Can Bake
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, milk, sour cream, applesauce, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Gently fold in berries.
- Transfer batter to a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Double Berry Quick Bread in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p201
Reviews for Double-Berry Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review