Strawberry Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (2 cups spread)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Drain strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Set berries and juice aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, oil, strawberries and food coloring if desired; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved strawberry juice until fluffy; refrigerate. Serve with the bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 241 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2010
This recipe is very similar to one that has been passed through the generations in my family. I opt for walnuts versus pecans, but it is ultimately the primo love and comfort food for me... Enjoy!