- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-fat margarine
- Place the first six ingredients in a shallow bowl. Brush chicken with mustard; roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil and margarine over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Dijon-Crusted Chicken Breasts
"Amazing!!! And very easy to make. Chicken was extremely moist."
"Good taste, very moist. I am not a mustard person and would use less mustard, but the chicken was great."
"My husband & I both liked this. It was very easy (and quick) to make. I will make this again."
"The chicken was very good the evening I fixed it. However, the leftovers were not nearly as good."
"Very flavorful and easy to make!"