I got this recipe from an Indian neighbor who shared her recipe with me and would even show me how to prepare them.—Janice Fakhoury, Raleigh, North Carolina
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the apples, water and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes, jalapeno and cilantro; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Curried Chicken with Apples in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p48
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Curried Chicken with Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review