Cubed Steaks with Gravy Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 beef cubed steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add steaks, a few at a time, and shake until completely coated.
- In a skillet, cook steaks in oil until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixes with remaining water. Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cubed Steaks with Gravy
Sort By :
"I'm going to try this tonight with a few modifications. Instead of gravy, I'll use a non-gmo Indian sauce for flavor. My slow cooker cooks faster than I'd like, so I'm thinking it won't take 8 hours. Mashed potatoes, green salad, and acorn squash."
"Sounds delish! But I dont have a slow cooker. Can I make this in the oven? How long?"
"Best best best"
"This dish is flavorful and robust. The gravy mixture seemed like a sodium overload, but it wasn't. My family smothered that gravy all over our plates. This is a dish you can serve dinner guests. I served it with a strawberry spinach salad and mashed potatoes."
"This was really good. The gravy mixes gave it a good flavor. My cube steaks broke apart which was ok. We put a scoop on top on mashed potatoes and it was really good. I also added a whole green pepper and a whole sweet onion."