- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh minced sage
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a bowl, whisk buttermilk, salt, pepper sauce and pepper until blended. Add chicken, turning to coat; let stand 15 minutes. In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with sage.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 365°. Dip tenderloins in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Fry chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt to taste. If desired, serve with ranch dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Sage Chicken Tenders
"I've never had much luck with fried chicken, so I was relieved to finally find an easy recipe that tasted fabulous. I used Italian seasoned panko crumbs for some added spice. I followed the rest of the recipe to a T, and they cooked perfectly! I will definitely make these again soon"