One of my mom's favorite chicken recipes used fresh sage. Her version was smothered with gravy, but we like these panko-crusted tenders as they are. —Deb Perry, Traverse City, Michigan
Featured In: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh minced sage
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a bowl, whisk buttermilk, salt, pepper sauce and pepper until blended. Add chicken, turning to coat; let stand 15 minutes. In a shallow bowl, toss bread crumbs with sage.
- In a deep skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 365°. Dip tenderloins in crumb mixture to coat both sides, patting to help coating adhere. Fry chicken 2-3 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with additional salt to taste. If desired, serve with ranch dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crispy Sage Chicken Tenders in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Crispy Sage Chicken Tenders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2015