Crispy Parmesan Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely crushed saltine or butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness. Beat egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and cracker crumbs. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with the crumb mixture. In a small skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Crispy Parmesan Chicken
Sort By :
Loved the flavor.
Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorites. It always sounds so daunting.This is very easy and tastes great. I like to add Italian seasoning to the bread crumbs for extra flavor. These are good as sandwiches. Put it on crusty bread, add some provolone or mozzarella (you could brown it in the broiler) and some sauce. Yummy!
we loved this recipe husband was upset because there wasn't enough for leftovers! Will be making this again real soon.
I place the chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper and flatten them with a rolling pin. I like this recipe with cracker crumbs, but I've found it more convenient to use packaged breadcrumbs (I like the Italian-seasoned kind). This easy recipe is the basis for all sorts of chicken dishes at my house. I sometimes serve it with spaghetti sauce.
This coating made my chicken taste fishy. If you like fish, then it's probably good, but unfortunately I don't. I like the ideas of the saltines and parmesan so I might try it again, but cook it in a little butter instead of oil.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Parmesan >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >