- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt, pepper and remaining flour. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Chicken(9)
Sort By :
I have not made fried chicken in many years but I decided to splurge for my father's birthday dinner. This was easily the best fried chicken I have ever made. I think this was the first time that the coating did not fall off.
I cook crispy fried chicken all the time. I agree that the key is the keep the oil temp stable. Remember to take the chicken out of the fridge 10 - 20 minutes before cooking to bring it to room temperature. This will ensure it stays crispy. I also have a recipe for fried chicken seasoning at www.blackgirlcooks.com.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO REDUCE THE HEAT WHEN FRYING! THIS WILL MAKE THE BREADING FALL OFF. ELECTRIC FRYER WORKS THE BEST.
Been making this recipe for years, we love it!!
Made this recipe as directed, and the results were great! I was finally able to make crispy fried chicken! Can't wait to try this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >