- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt, pepper and remaining flour. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Chicken
Sort By :
This was my first time making fried chicken! This was delicious and will definitely make it again!
Easy recipe, made as directed, loved the thick crunchy breading that "stayed on" the chicken!! But, couldn't help feeling it was missing a hint of ?. Made extra for lunch tomorrow! Will definitely make again, it's now on a recipe card & in the recipe box!! Thanks for sharing.
I prepared this recipe for 12 couples tonight and they were smackin lips and lickin fingers! Just a couple of hints or helpful suggestions. After letting chicken sit in egg mixture I placed it in a colander with pan underneath and drained a few minutes. I found that a large bowl with cover worked better for the shaking in flour mixture. (probably because I was doing 48 lbs..lol) I then used my commercial fryers at 375* and timed the breasts at 11 minutes and the thighs, legs & wings @ 10 minutes and cooked all 48 pounds. When the guests arrived it was easy to then re-drop the pieces for 2 minutes and 10 seconds for quick plate service. I may be adding this recipe to my menu!!!!
You need to use an electric fry pan with maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch of oil. I let the chicken sit for maybe 45 minutes before frying. Very easy and good.
It says to turn chicken in the fryer after 5-6 minutes. Are they using a deep fryer or an electric fry pan?