- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3-1/2 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2-2/3 cups flour, garlic salt, paprika, 2-1/2 teaspoons pepper and poultry seasoning. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and water; add salt and the remaining flour and pepper. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in the bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Crispy Fried Chicken
"Followed the recipe to the T and my family enjoyed it. Will definitely be making this again."
"Who ever suggested taking the chicken out of the batter and letting it sit - LIFE CHANGER. This is by FAR the best recipe I have ever tried. Let the batter drip off the chicken then coat in flour and Fry. Amazing recipe. Thank you so much."
"Never made fried chicken it always looked too complicated but this recipe is awesome and easy and fun. Love it thank you"
"It was a great recipe I added milk instead of water and lots extra lawry season salt and paprika but I like we'll seasoned it was delicious thanks"
"I was disappointed. I found the batter lacking flavor and the fried skin fell off the bird. Wouldn't recommend this recipe."